Friday, April 5, 2024

Fighter planes in the Pacific

The Seafire was a Spitfire version designed for flying from an aircraft carrier. Among the key differences from the 'regular' Spitfire were an arrestor hook (essential for landing on an aircraft carrier) and folding wings (essential given the lack of space on an aircraft carrier). I managed to get my hands on a 1:72 diecast model of one:

And I also managed to find a picture of the actual aircraft that the model is based on (the one closest to the camera).

This Seafire model came in a set, together with a Japanese fighter, so I decided, just like I did for the Battle of Britain models, to expand with a few more fighter planes, to represent some of the battles in the 1940s in and around the Pacific.

Next to the RAF Seafire model, I added a USAAF F4U Corsair. And on the Japanese side, a Kawasaki Ki-61 (the fighter plane that came in the box with the Seafire) and a Mitsubishi A6M 'Zero', the latter of which was also used as a kamikaze plane. 

Here's the full set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't snore ...

 Couldn't resist ... Really. Could. Not. Resist. But I'm not the only one!