Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Fighter planes on the Eastern front

The RAF didn't operate on the Eastern front in WW II, but that doesn't mean no Spitfires were involved there .... 

The Soviet Air Forces also used Spitfires, and I managed to get my hands on a 1/72 model of one.

With the help of my 'Spitfire International' book, ...

... I managed to unearth some information on this particular Spit:

Like I've done before, I decided to add a few models of other fighter planes which were involved at the Eastern front.

On the Soviet side, a Yakovlev Yak-3, a small fighter plane. And on the Luftwaffe side, the familiar Messerschmitt Bf109 and Focke-Wulf FW 190.

And here are all four models together:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Supermarine factory sites - then and now

This is an aerial photo of the Supermarine Woolston factory on the banks of the Itchen in the 1930s, prior to it being bombed by the Luftwaf...